Picture this: You just purchased a preowned Porsche, BMW, Mercedes Benz, or other luxury brand from a private owner. Your new car is shiny and new and you’re so excited to finally own your dream car. A few weeks after your purchase, your car stops working. What do you do? Do you call the previous owner? Do you go the repair shop? Who’s responsible, who’s going to pay for the repairs? All of a sudden, the person who was so nice when you first bought the car isn’t returning your calls, they’ve seemingly fallen off the face of the earth.
This is a common situation, and one reason it’s a good idea to inspect your car before purchase. Most shops in the Atlanta Area do not offer services for customers seeking a used car inspection. If they do offer it, you have to ask yourself who is performing my inspection? Is he/she really qualified? A Used Car Inspection a.k.a. (Pre-Delivery Inspection or PDI) goes a long way in giving you peace of mind as a consumer. It’s always wise to go about getting a used car inspection before you make such a high dollar purchase! Especially on BMW, Porsche, Mercedes Benz, and other luxury brands, where it is sometimes more expensive to get those repairs. This is where Select Luxury Service comes in. We not only perform detailed inspections for all of the vehicles we sell at our sister store – Select Luxury Cars. We also provide services for customers looking to get a used car inspection before purchase.
On the Day of Your Used Car Inspection
The Master Technicians at Select Luxury Service will go over your prospective vehicle with a fine toothed comb. You can bring the person who is buying, or selling the vehicle, or just come yourself. To help you in your negotiations, Select Luxury Service will provide you with an inspection and condition report detailing the vehicle’s condition. We perform the following services if you are getting a used car inspection:
- Mechanical: Inspect filters, check fluid levels, review engine codes / systems, review condition of belts / hoses / covers / mounts, etc.
- Under body: Check frame condition, system (oil / transmission / axle / exhaust / brake) leaks and condition, brake pad quality and condition, tire condition, etc.
- Road test: cold start, slipping clutch, brakes, transmission, road feel, etc.
- Exterior: Paint Matching, light functionality, emergency equipment availability, alarm operation, etc.
- Interior: Upholstery condition, dash cluster, window controls, navigation / sound system operation, overall interior condition, etc.
As Masters at our craft, we are proud to go over each vehicle thoroughly during each used car inspection. However, the list above is not comprehensive. We go over 112 individual inspection points over the hour and half that we perform your used car inspection. This is all done to build your confidence and ensure you are well versed with the true condition of the BMW, Porsche, Mercedes Benz, or other luxury of super car you are about to invest in.
Common Used Car Inspection Finds
Issues we often discover during a used car inspection are sometimes difficult to spot with an untrained eye. Unfortunately, the common yet difficult to spot issues are usually the most expensive as well. Here are some common issues with pre-owned luxury cars and how Select Luxury Service combats them.
1. Rust / Frame Damage- This is a common issue that can lead to a huge problem with your vehicle in the near and long term. Structural problems get expensive quick, and obviously you’d want to avoid them before making a purchase. We will inspect the body and frame for any part replacements and past damage. This includes looking for welding marks, cracks, frame stress, and rust or corrosion that may be present on the frame and body.
2. Hose / Belt Damage- Belts and hoses are what we call “time and mileage sensitive” repair items. A professional can usually estimate how often you will need something replaced just by knowing what it is and on which car. These often vary between manufacturers (Porsche, BMW, Mercedes Benz) and even by vehicle line! To the untrained eye, it is easy to think everything looks good under the hood. However, Master Technicians can easily spot fraying or signs of wear on belts and hoses because they know what to look for. When you’ve been doing something for 20 years it gets easy to spot problems while doing a used car inspection!
3. Electrical Systems- We will plug into your computer and run a diagnostic on your vehicle during your used car inspection. If you want a quick and dirty way to see if there is a problem with any electrical systems, turn the vehicle on and look at the dash. All dash lights should turn on and turn off. If you notice some lights don’t come on there is a problem. Maybe a fuse is blown or maybe the warning light has intentionally been disabled! At that point you should bring your vehicle to somebody who can plug in and dig around.
4. Leaks- These are often difficult to spot; especially with higher end cars like BMW, Mercedes, Porsche and other luxury cars. The reason is that most high end manufacturers put pans where parts often leak. A pan is meant to prevent dirt, grime, water, etc. from ruining the integrity of the parts. However, this also a huge problem for customers, because you may not know there is a problem until it gets very severe. When getting a used car inspection, we will check for that and help you feel more confident in the quality of your purchase!
On behalf of everyone at Select Luxury Service, we hope you will trust us to check your vehicle before your purchase. If you would like to make an appointment with us, please contact us by clicking here. We will happily fit you in the schedule to give you peace of mind!
-The Master Technicians of Select Luxury Service
Select Luxury Cars, located in Marietta, Ga. on Highway 41, hand “Selects” every vehicle. We specialize in the highest quality automobile made all over the world. Whether you live here in the Atlanta area or anywhere around the world, we will find the exact car you are dreaming of. If you are looking for a Mercedes, BMW, Bentley, Rolls-Royce, Porsche, Land Rover, Jaguar, Aston Martin, Maserati, Lamborghini, Ferrari or other high end models, expect to begin and end your search here. We inspect each of our vehicles over a 112 point inspection. Ensuring we are selling high quality, low mileage vehicles that will lead to more and more happy customers.
Select Luxury Service is the premier Luxury Car Service Center located in Marietta, GA and serves the Greater Atlanta Area. We specialize in servicing BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, Audi, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bentley, Maserati, Land Rover, Jaguar, Aston Martin, other exotics, luxury, and super cars. Please visit our website to schedule an appointment to have your vehicle looked at by our Factory Certified Master Technicians. Check us out on our G+ page: google.com/