When most people hear ‘Easter Eggs’, they think of Easter holidays , over-sized chocolate and the long hours spent trying to calm down a hyperactive toddler on a sugar rush. In the car industry, the term Easter Eggs has a slightly different meaning. An Easter Egg in the automotive industry is an intentional hidden message, feature or inside-joke that auto designers feel compelled to include.
Here’s some we found:
1. TESLA MODEL S can turn into a James Bond Submarine (well kinda..)
Image by great.white.buffalo
After purchasing the original in an auction for $1million, t’s safe to say Elon Musk is a fan of the Lotus Esprit S1 . He further solidified his love for the 007 car by featuring it as an Easter Egg in the Tesla Model S settings. Want to know how to access the Tesla Model S submarine feature?
- Hold down the Tesla logo on the menu for a couple seconds.
- An access code will pop up
- Type in “007”
- navigate to the settings for “Suspension” and enjoy!
- DO NOT DRIVE into the ocean
2. BMW Z4 hidden Z
You will never unsee this…apologies in advance.
3. Ford GT has 100 hidden in its headlights
Once you see it…
4. Jeep Renegade Ciao Baby Spider
There are countless Easter Eggs hidden in the Jeep Renegade. One I found particularly amusing was the friendly little spider greeting you as you open the fuel filler with ”Ciao Baby!”.
5. Random paint splash on Jeep Renegade tachometer
Paintball splatter? Paint splash? Still awesome none-the-less
6. Tesla Model S rainbow charging port
Can the Tesla get anymore fun?
7. Tesla Model X Holiday dance
It is safe to say that Elan Musk has an amazing sense of humor!
Does your car have hidden Easter Eggs? Comment below!